Saturday 6 May 2017

Day 6

Budget so far £5.00
Spent: £3.71
Money in hand:  £1.29

The first £1.50 day of this cycle - day 6!

B:  Laura's pancake/crumpets (to be costed), stewed rhubarb (1p), natural yogurt (apf)
L:  tomato and lentil soup (15p), bread (2p), apple (12p)
D:  Dijon chicken, rhubarb crumble, natural yogurt
I have no idea of the cost of some of this but will work it out later on, as I make each meal.

The Dijon chicken is from One Pound Meals (Miguel Barclay) although I will be adapting it slightly to fit with what I already have in.
The recipe is here in the newspaper article - scroll down to find it.
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/food/782903/Cheap-meal-recipes-Miguel-Barclay-Instagram


I shall be off challenge tomorrow.  It is my grandson's birthday and we're all going out for a family meal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment