Saturday 13 May 2017

Recipe: flapjacks

This is a Save Money: Good Food recipe, right at the back of the book.  They are very meanly not posting their recipes, either on line or properly in the programme itself so, as I have the book and believe I can reproduce a certain percentage, I shall post this here.

I would say make twice the amount (or more) if you are baking for a family.  One batch makes around eight flapjacks - fine for one but they wouldn't last long if there are children around.

Ingredients:
50g golden syrup
40g each of butter and sugar.  The recipe said brown, I used white.
100g oats

Method
Pre heat the over to 180C.  Line a baking tin with parchment.

Melt the golden syrup, butter and sugar in a pan.  Add the oats and a splash of lemon juice and mix well.
Tip the mixture into the baking tin and flatten out.
Bake for around 15 mins or until golden.
Mark out where you want to cut but wait until it is cool before cutting and removing from the tray.

You could add dried fruit and/or chopped nuts as well but that would make them expensive.

With my ingredients, they cost 39p and cut into eight so that's 5p a piece.  They will be perfect for my holiday from home lunches next week and when they are cold I will wrap them individually so all I have to do is lift one out of the tin.  Hassle free.



No comments:

Post a Comment