Sunday 7 May 2017

Thinking out loud

I'm having a holiday next week (not this coming week), but I won't be going away.  Some people call is a staycation, I call it a Holiday from Home.

My diary is clear, I have cancelled all the usual stuff - tuition, helping at school, etc. and there's lots of local places I would like to visit, weather permitting.  I might spend some time sorting stuff out at home - I know that doesn't sound like a holiday but it's a great feeling when it is all done, isn't it?

I don't want to abandon my 5-2 challenge but I'd like to be a bit more 'lavish' so I've decided to have the five days as £1.50 a day.  It will give me a chance to try more of the One Pound Meal recipes as well as using up more of the obscene amounts I have in my freezer.

I've worked out a rough menu which is sure to change before I start it, but that's OK, it's part of the fun.

Monday
B:  Beans on toast
L:  Ham salad roll, piece of fruit, flapjack
D:  Leek and bacon gratin, natural yogurt

Tuesday
B:  Pancake stack with stewed rhubarb and natural yogurt
L:  Chicken salad roll, piece of fruit, flapjack
D:  Chicken chow mein, yogurt and pineapple

Wednesday
B:  Porridge, sugar, natural yogurt
L:  Cheese salad roll, piece of fruit, flapjack
D:  Lasagne, garlic bread, side salad

Thursday
B:  Poached egg on toast
L:  Egg salad roll, piece of fruit, flapjack
D:  Huevos con chorizo, side salad

Friday
B:  Porridge, sugar, natural yogurt
L:  Tuna mayo salad roll, piece of fruit, flapjack
D:  Oven 'fried' chicken and slaw

I shall adapt as usual to fit what I've got; the rolls and the flapjacks will all be home made.

What do you think?  Comments and ideas would be very welcome, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment