Thursday 1 June 2017

Day 1 of the June cycle

. . . and it starts with a £1 day.

Actually, I was dead lucky yesterday.  I popped into Morrisons after tuition and they had just reduced some ready meals.  Most unusually, they were reduced by a lot - right down to 19p or 9p and they were freezable, all but one thing.  I don't usually get ready meals but there were too good value to ignore.  So now I have seven meals in the freezer and a pot of 'Vegetable Medley' that was 9p which I will have today, one day out of date but it's fresh veg, it will be fine.  I will plan the other meals in during the first two weeks to give the June cycle a good start!

I have £3.76 carried over from the May cycle.  I'm going to leave that 'in the bank' for now as I am off challenge over the weekend so there's no point buying anything before it resumes on Monday.
A pound will go for herbs and spices and another pound (£1.08) will go on a pack of butter.  It's amazing how splitting it into five portions of 50g makes it last and last.
Then I guess it will be another cabbage, some milk, some yogurt . . . the usual apfs, in fact.

On to today's menu
B:   poached egg (13p) on a pikelet or two (max 2p - home made), apple (8p)
L:  cheg (cheese and egg - I have eggs to use up - 20p) with salad (garden and apf) and coleslaw (6p)
D:  fish (half a basa fillet - 19p) with vegetable medley (9p), strawberries (garden) and natural yogurt (apf)
S/S:  banana (12p)

(apf means 'already paid for' which means when I bought the item I took the whole cost from the budget rather than doing it per portion. It works for things like lettuce, cabbage, milk, yogurt, oil, etc, where working out one portion would make life a lot more complicated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment