Friday 5 January 2018

Friday, 5-1-18

Hi again, everyone.

The soup yesterday was gorgeous so I have posted about what I did.  Ditto the bean burgers but I will save that one for another time.
I was frugal yesterday afternoon.  I made some jam from a can of Mamade strawberry stuff (it was a hand on from a friend).  If you make jam, you will know that some kinds produce quite a lot of what is called scum, some of which can be dispersed with a knob of butter but some of which needs to be skimmed off.  It's fine, it tastes good but it spoils the appearance of the jam.
Actually, I prefer the word 'foam' as 'scum' sounds nasty.  So I had a bowl of foam and I'm not chucking it.  It will be perfect to add to my porridge and to my yogurt.  Yay, frugal me!

Today's plans are a bit vague at the moment
B:  porridge with strawberry foam (doesn't that sound better?) and yogurt
L:  possibly toast and marmite or meat paste, I am not totally sure
D:  don't know right now.
Ss:  orange and apple


From the freezer
Oh, dear, nothing except the bread for the toast until I sort out dinner.

The frugal factor
This is better - porridge, of course, and the foam is something most people would throw away - I used to as well.
If I have the meat paste, it is a value jar (ie, cheap) from Aldi or maybe Lidl.  It's been in my cupboard for ages and needs using up.




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour - and frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment