Monday 15 January 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  I was very disciplined yesterday, cut out the nibbles (I had a drink of water every time I was tempted) and lo, and behold, the gallstone is behaving itself again.  A great relief.

The second day mince, made into a cottage pie, was, if possible, even nicer than on Saturday and very satisfying to eat.  Tom K is right - depth of flavour really does make a difference.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with jam and natural yogurt
L:  the broccoli soup I chucked in the freezer last week
D:  salmon bites, SW chips (must try those wonky harmony potatoes as chips), side salad.
Ss:  apple and orange

I have some pieces of salmon in the freezer so I shall defrost one piece, cut it into chunks and flour and breadcrumb them, Jamie-style, before oven baking.  It should work out fine.

From the freezer.
The soup
The salmon
The bread for breadcrumbs

The frugal factor
Porridge as always and home made jam
The broccoli soup was made with a broccoli stem.
The potatoes are Morrisons Wonkies!
The salad is still mostly Aldi's Super Six so very reasonably priced.
While the the oven is on for the chips and fish, I will roast some chopped tomatoes (thanks, Margie) for tomorrow's soup
AND - no extra nibblies!

Salmon, of course, is not at all frugal but I have it in the freezer so it would be daft not to use it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment