Monday 16 April 2018

Monday, 16-04-18

Good morning!

Today's plans:
B:  porridge and yogurt
L:  hummus and carrot batons
D:  salmon, SW wedges, salad; fruit yogurt
Ss: apples

From the freezer
The hummus and the salmon piece
Yesterday overnight and through the day I cooked that turkey mince in the slow cooker and got six portions which all went into the freezer for next week and the week after.





The frugal factor
Salmon is not cheap even though I got this on special but the rest is fine.

I was looking at some figures - one of them said that the average person spends between £40 and £50 a WEEK on groceries (including toiletries and basic washing).  That's between £6 and £7 (roughly) per day.
So when my day's eating looks a bit more expensive than usual, I console myself with the fact that it is still under the average; quite a lot under, in fact.

2 comments:

  1. We have tables put out by the government that show tables of expensive to low budget expenditure for food per week. We consistently come out at the very low/frugal end -- yet we manage to eat very well just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proof, if it were needed, that it really can be done. It's easier to achieve if one cuts out the expensive junk stuff, of course. I honestly don't understand how people think it is more expensive to eat healthily. It takes time, a little knowledge and a bit of effort, I guess, maybe that's why.
      J x

      Delete