Tuesday 10 April 2018

Tuesday, 10-04-18

Good morning.
I'm sure you've noticed that I'm getting a bit frustrated with the restrictions of this liver shrinking diet.  I'm allowing little changes to creep in, nothing high fat (I'm not keen on more pain) and not calorific, but nevertheless, changes.

However, I now have the date of my gallbladder op and I only need to stay on this diet for another 14 days so I'm going to be as strict as strict again!  :-) And also use the time to plan ahead.

You see, what's really done this weight loss for me is having to go low fat, having to cut out a lot of naughties and then, in latter months, having to follow this special medical meal regime.

It's not been a case of me having to work on bad habits, etc, it's been imposed on me.  So I have to make sure I know exactly where I'm going with it all because there's still a way to go.  I have about a month to sort it all out, including recovery time afterwards, and I am hoping that the time off the more addictive stuff has broken the habits for good so I can continue to eat healthily and frugally.

Having said all of that, yesterday's lunch wasn't too far outside the box after all.  I remembered that the hummus in the freezer was what I got for Christmas and never used.  It was the low fat kind so I reckon it matched the criteria quite closely.  It was a bit 'lumpy' so I pushed it through a sieve and it turned lovely and smooth.  It doesn't sound or look enough really but it was extremely filling - pulses are, aren't they?

(I didn't have dinner - for good reasons - so the lemon tuna thing will just have to wait)

On to today's plans:
B:  porridge with yogurt
L:  cheg (2 eggs, 30g low fat cheddar, bit of lowest of the low mayo) and salad
D:  baked fish, sort of hash browns (the low fat, home made, simplistic version), salad; fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
The fish - I think it's pollack but it might be basa.
The cheese for the cheg.

The frugal factor
Breakfast and lunch are pretty frugal.
The fish is the cheaper kind that comes in a savers bag called 'fish'!  Says it all, doesn't it?
The potato is how I made the shells for the rosti egg cups last week.  I will then use spray oil to brown it off as a sort of potato cake.  Cheap and cheerful.


2 comments:

  1. You've just reminded me I put some hummus in the freezer at Christmas too. I must dig it out. You've done very well on your diet and a great investment for a successful operation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I learned at the beginning of November that I would probably need an operation, I was quite worried because of the extra weight I was carrying so yes, it has reduced the risk.
      Enjoy that hummus!
      J x

      Delete